PAPPARDELLE WITH SCHRIMPS AND SWEET PEPPERS
FOR 4 SERVINGS:
- 280 gr. home-made pappardelle
- 2 sweet green peppers
- 150 gr. fresh shelled scampi, floured
- 1 dl. fish velouté sauce
- 20 ml. cognac
- 1 scallion
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pat butter
Boil the peppers with the scallion, thyme, and bay leaf in plenty of water for about 1 hour. Drain and put through a sieve, then transfer to a pan. Place pan on the fire and add the velouté sauce. In a separate frying pan, sauté the deveined scampi in the very hot oil together with the garlic. Flambé with cognac and add to the sauce. Bring to boiling point and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the pappardelle, previously cooked in plenty of salted boiling water, and toss until well coated with the sauce, adding a pat of butter and some thyme.
FOR 4 SERVINGS:
- Flour 460 gr.
- Ripe, firm tomatoes 300 gr.
- Mozzarella cheese 150 gr.
- Extra virgin olive oil 4 tablespoons
- Yeast 30 gr.
- Warm water as required
- Basil a few leaves
- Salt a pinch
Put two tablespoons of flour into a bowl together with 2 tablespoons of water. Add the yeast in pieces and mix well. Mix the ingredients well, cover with a clean cloth and let it rise. Put the flour on a pastry board and make a well in the middle. Add the yeast mixture when it has reached double its size as well as a pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of oil in the well. Work the mixture with your hands adding a little warm water at a time.
When you have a soft smooth mixture, divide it into balls and put them into a bowl you have lined with flour. Cover and let them rise for an hour.
Lastly, put the balls back onto the board and roll them out until they are thin. Grease a pizza tin with a little oil and lay the pizza dough on it. Add the tomatoes, a little oil, salt and pepper.
Bake at 250°C. for about 15 minutes. Open the oven, add the Mozzarella cheese and the basil and bake for a further 8 to 10 minutes. Serve hot.
COCKTAILS WITH FIOR DI ROSE'
Fior di Spriz
- 1/3 Aperol - 2/3 Fior di Rosè
- Add a sprinkling of seltz or soda, a round of orange and some ice.
- 1/6 Wodka - 1/6 Cointreau - 4/6 Fior di Rosè
- Add a drop of strawberry drink and some ice.
Blend it. Like Decoration: red crust of sugar and half a strawberry.
- 1/6 Aperol - 1/6 Brandy - 4/6 Fior di Rosè - some ice
Blend it. Like Decoration: Maraschino cherry.
Guerra dei Roses
- 1/10 Martini Dry - 1/10 Martini Bianco -1/10 Campari bitter - 7/10 Fior di Rosè - some ice
Blend it. Like Decoration: spit of fruits like grapes, mandarin, maraschino cherry.
Fior di Sangria
- 1/10 Grand Marnier - 1/10 Brandy - 2/10 Martini rosso - 6/10 Fior di Rosè - Fresh fruit: apples, pears, pine-apples, grapes. Cut the fruit to pieces and add some spiral round of orange.
Add a lot of ice. Blend it.
De Stefani Winery
Fossalta di Piave, Venice 30020
Monday830 - 1200 / 1430 - 1800
Tuesday830 - 1200 / 1430 - 1800
Wednesday830 - 1200 / 1430 - 1800
Thursday830 - 1200 / 1430 - 1800
Friday830 - 1200 / 1430 - 1800
Saturday800 - 1200